#REPLAYTUNES: I Will Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria If I Become president.

The former governor was speaking on popular YouTube series, 'On The Couch'.

Presidential aspirant and Former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke has said he wouldn’t criminalize Lesbians, Gay, Bi-sexual and Transgender people if he becomes the President of Nigeria in 2019.

He revealed this in a recent interview with Falz and Laila on trending video show ‘On The Couch’ which seeks to find out the plans presidential hopefuls have for the country.

Donald Duke addressed his stance on LGBTQ rights in Nigeria explained thus; “I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”


Donald Duke was also asked by one of the hosts if he could appoint a homosexual person in his cabinet.

“His sexuality is private to him,I don’t want to know if he’s gay. It’s not my business. My business is if he can perform the assignment that he’s been assigned.”

Homosexuality and all forms of same-sex activity are considered a crime under the Nigerian constitution. The Federal Criminal Code stipulates a jail term of 14 years for anyone caught in the act. However, police authorities have been under scrutiny for harassing people who appear to them as being homosexual. A growing section of Nigerians also has stated that homosexuality shouldn’t be a criminal offence.

#REPLAYTUNES: I Will Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria If I Become president. #REPLAYTUNES: I Will Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria If I Become president. Reviewed by Unknown on 02:09 Rating: 5

No comments:

ReplayTunes Radio

Theme images by 5ugarless. Powered by Blogger.